Tuesday, September 13, 2011

O la la

I'm finally in France. I'm laying in my bed, in France. Exhausted i might add. I normally wouldn't be writing when i'm half dead but i'm trying to stay up so that i don't get my sleep routine off. I figure that one day of pure hell is better than 4 days of long ass naps of regret when there is Paris to see!

I started off getting a cab from Astoria, NY to LGA at 5 pm (yesterday), my flight left at 7 pm and had an hour long flight into Boston. I had an hour and a half layover in Boston and then it was off to Iceland. After a 5 hour flight, I had another hour layover and looked at a bright sun and a bright moon in the same sky. That is apparently an Iceland thing. Then, I had a 3 hour flight into Paris. I got my bags and made a trip from the airport to my connecting trains and finally arrived to my appartement. I've been awake now for 27 hours. Why didn't i just get a direct, more convenient flight you may ask? It was half the price with my route :)

My room is about 12x12 foot and about a 13 foot ceiling. It's in a very old building but from the looks of it, i have new hard wood. I have two windows-- big windows that open like French doors. a table and a surprisingly large bureau for all my clothes. My walls are wallpapered with a bronzy orange with a faint gold stenciling of fleur de lis type "things." I have a pedestal sink in one corner with a round, red mirror.

Oh, but i have no pillow, sheets, or bath towels. I drudged to the store for these items but i couldn't find anything that i could talk myself into letting me spend my entire summer's savings.

27 euros for a bath towel. That's like 45 dollars! for a towel!

No thank you. I will drip dry.

No wonder the stereotype of France is that no one baths.

Who could afford to dry off?


Whatever, I've got more but i must recharge the batteries.

zzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't know ahead of time! There must be a discount market or second hand shop somewhere. If not, try Ebay or Amazon and have the towels/bedsheets shipped to you. Or have Mom send you a package with the things you need. In the meantime, use a cotten teashirt to dry yourself after you bathe. After all, a towel is only a piece of cotten that has loops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Send me a postcard! I might send you a towel.

    ReplyDelete